fimmtudagur, mars 10, 2005

I Like to Pretend to Be Like Myself

I like to pretend to be like myself.
It's harder than you would suppose.
I frequently say things that I would say.
I often will wear my own clothes.

I put on my sneakers and brush my hair
exactly the way that I'd do,
and sometimes I wear my own underwear
and no one has even a clue.

I walk just exactly the way I'd walk
and go to the places I'd go.
I play with the people who play with me
and say things that only I'd know.

I do a remarkable job sometimes
and everyone thinks that I'm me.
They can't tell that really I'm not myself,
but only pretending to be.

So next time you see me I might not be
the person you think that you see.
I often pretend to be like myself.
It's fun to pretend to be me.
--Kenn Nesbitt


Something I Need to Remember

There's something I need to remember.
But somehow it seems I forgot.
I'll sit here until I recall it.
I won't move an inch from this spot.

Is sleeping the thing I've forgotten?
Did I not remember to eat?
Did I take a shower this morning?
Is all of my homework complete?

Should I be at home or at school?
Or watching a show on TV?
Are some of my friends coming over?
Is somebody waiting for me?

And why am I sitting here thinking,
not moving an inch from this spot?
I'm sure that there must be a reason,
but somehow it seems I forgot.
--Kenn Nesbitt


Þessi ljóð sem eru eins og töluð út úr mínu hjarta ásamt fleiri skemtilegum ljóðum má finna á þessum þræði
  • Ljóð
  • Ágætur kunningi minn benti mér á þessi ljóð og þakka ég honum kærlega fyrir það, góð skemtun að renna yfir þetta. Ég mæli sérstaklega með ljóðunum (I'm Always in Parentheses),Herbert Handy's Hardware Store,Peter Prim the Fire-Eater .

    Engin ummæli: